Date Last Revised: December 20, 2020
Title: Technical Support Representative/Specialist
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
The Technical Support Representative plays a vital role at Vaspian. From the time the customer is implemented through the entire life of that customer, the Technical Support Representative is their primary point of contact. Customers call our Technical Support team for information, system update and change requests, and service issues that require troubleshooting and resolution. The Technical Support Representative has the most direct impact on the way the customer experiences Vaspian which is critical to our success. The Technical Support Representative listens carefully to the customer’s request and is committed to following through until the request is fulfilled to the customer’s expectations. The Technical Support Representative partners with many internal and external technical resources, thoroughly documents all aspects of work in the appropriate systems, and escalates when appropriate to ensure quick resolution and high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Primarily responsible for answering and resolving incoming customer calls, emails and tickets into the Customer Support Team.
• Escalates to higher levels of support when necessary to resolve customer concerns.
• Responsible for documenting calls, opening tickets, and maintaining consistent documentation of issues through to resolution.
• Assists Project manager with basic customer installations and configuring customer sites during the implementation process.
• Responsible for following through on open issues and ensures customers are proactively and consistently updated and all concerns are addressed.
• Coordinates customer equipment requests with the Operations Support Specialist.
• Educates and instructs customers in the use of the phone system, features, and various technology portals for all Vaspian products and services.
• Troubleshoots customer inquiries including but not limited to hardware, software, portals and network related issues.
• Partners with internal technical resources during the troubleshooting and problem resolution process.
• Responsible for working with external carriers and vendors on troubleshooting processes to resolve customer issues.
• Coordinates internal engineering review of customer system integration requests.
• Accurately and efficiently documents when customers add new services to ensure appropriate customer billing.
• Responsible for maintaining established individual quality and timeliness goals.
• Identifies trends and proposes potential solutions.
• Responsible for openly sharing feedback and ideas with peers and leaders.
• Collaborates with peers to ensure overall team quality and timeliness goals are achieved.
• Works on development toward promotion to Technical Support Specialist.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To achieve promotion to the Technical Support Specialist role, you would be able to demonstrate these additional essential responsibilities/accountabilities:
• Proficient in all Technical Support Representative skills.
• Responsible for training and being a mentor for Technical Support Representatives.
• Acts as an ongoing resource for Technical Support Representatives.
• Serves as an escalation point for Technical Support Representatives.
• Identifies process improvement opportunities and takes on a leadership role in organizing and completing process improvement initiatives.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Some college or technical training in a related field a plus
• Experience with proven success in a customer service role
• Experience in a technical support environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Service orientation and a sincere willingness to assist others
• Excellent oral and written communication and public relations skills
• Possesses technical aptitude with the ability to learn multiple systems and user interfaces
• Detail oriented with a commitment to producing high quality work
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to apply logic and analytical thinking in problem-solving and decision-making
• Ability to effectively instruct customers in the use of Vaspian products, services, and tools
• Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced call center environment while maintaining composure and professionalism
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position works in a typical office environment and at remote sites
o Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
o Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
o Able to hear average or normal conversations in person and by phone
o Must be able to communicate with others to exchange information in person and by phone
o Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, systems or equipment
• May occasionally need to move or carry objects that weigh up to 20 pounds
• May require occasional travel to customer sites
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer